Meet the SMO 4K Camera - A high-degree ultralight action camera designed for your FPV Drones! Developed by BETAFPV using Insta360 technology, SMO 4K camera only weighs 30g and is perfectly fit for FPV drones. It allows pilots to fly faster, longer, and do more maneuvers, bringing pilots an extraordinary flying experience and a strong visual impact. Meanwhile, with 4K ultra-wide-angle shots and FlowState stabilization function, pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle video with greater details, and get an ultra-smooth and stable video, which makes the SMO 4K camera be the best choice for pilots in search of high-quality video with FPV drones!
To better enjoy the SMO 4K camera, we highly recommend using it on the new pusher whoop drone - Beta95X V3 Whoop Quadcopter and Beta95X V3 HD Digital VTX.
Note: Please do not upgrade the official v1.3.8 firmware published by Insta360 on Nov 22, 2021, otherwise, SMO 4K camera will not work. It is not compatible with SMO 4K camera and downgrading is NOT available. If you have any problems or questions, please contact us at support center or via email email@example.com.
- SMO 4K Camera is an ultralight action camera that is specially designed for FPV drones. Developed by BETAFPV using Insta360 technology, it only weighs 30g and can be easily mounted on a variety of FPV drones including micro cinewhoop like Beta95X V3, 3-4'' ducted quads, 4-5'' long-range FPVs, and fixed-wing FPVs.
- With SMO 4K camera's 4K wide-angle shots and FlowState stabilization function, pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle video with greater detail, smoother stabilization, and better dynamic range.
- Support using the radio transmitter to control SMO 4K Camera on power on/off and start/stop recording remotely, making it more convenient to operate.
- UV filter and ND16 filter are both provided in the package. ND filters not only can prevent the issue of jello generated in the insane flight but also acts as a lens protector. Meanwhile, if pilots are flying indoors or at dusk, the UV filter would be your best choice to protect your lens.
- The power supply range is 6V-27V, supporting 2-6S Lipo batteries. With the 4-pin pluggable connector, pilots can easily connect the SMO 4K with your flight controller for power supply and recording.
SMO 4K Camera SE
SMO 4K Camera is coming again and is renamed SMO 4K Camera SE. The SE version performs great as well as the previous version. The only difference is the weight. Lens case of SE version is replaced by metal material compared with the previous version. So the weight is 5g more than before.
- Item: SMO 4K Camera SE
- Weight: 35g
- Size: 61.5mm×39.4mm×29.2mm
- Power supply range: 6V-27V (2S-6S Li-Po battery)
- Lens aperture: F2.8
- 35mm equivalent focal length: 16.4mm
- Video resolution: 4000x3000@24/25/30fps, 3840x2160@24/25/30/60fps, 2720x1530@24/25/30/60/100fps, 1920x1080@24/25/30/60/120/200fps
- Video format: Mp4
- Video code: H.264 / H.265
- Video mode: Normal, HDR, Timelapse, TimeShift, Basic stabilization (in-camera), Pro stabilization (export with Insta360 app/Studio to apply FlowState stabilization)
- Video maximum bit rate: 100Mbps
- Bluetooth: BLE4.0
- Wi-Fi: 5G (standard range approx. 2m)
- Micro SD card: UHS-I V30 speed class, exFAT format SD cards with a max storage of 1T are recommended
- Operating environment: -20°C ~ 40°C
- Recommend Accessories: SMO 4K Filter, SMO 4K Adopter Cable, and SMO 4K Camera Cable Pigtail
Designed For All Drones
SMO 4K is an ultralight action camera that is designed for mounting on an FPV. Weighing at just 30 grams, and it can be easily mounted and carried on a variety of FPV drones including cinewhoops like Beta95X V3, 3-4'' ducted quads, 4-5'' long-range FPVs, and fixed-wing FPVs. Highly recommend the new Beta95X V3 Whoop Quadcopter, it has a built-in mount for the SMO 4K camera for easy out-of-the-box installation. Meanwhile, its "pusher-style" inverted frame maintains a low center of gravity and makes the drone easier to maneuver.
SMO 4K is backed up with Insta360's proprietary FlowState stabilization algorithm, and it will keep your shots so smooth. What's more, we have added an FPV augmenting model for processing SMO 4K aerial video. Thanks to a new algorithm, the flight footage can stay more clear and steady.
4K Wide Angle
With the SMO 4K action camera, pilots can shoot 4K wide-angle video with greater detail, smoother stabilization, and better dynamic range. SMO 4K also can shoot 4K footage with a new ultra-wide FOV option in Insta360 Studio that removes distortion from your shots. In addition, a 100mbps bitrate and H.265 encoding deliver crisp details.
No More Jello Effect
By using the ND16 filter, it can prevent the issue of jello generated in the insane flight. An ND16 filter also acts as a lens protector which can protect your lens while your drone meets a serious crash. In addition, when you fly indoors or at dusk, you can use the UV filter to protect your lens. ND16 filter and UV filter are both provided in the package.
Plug-in and Control
The camera comes with a 6V to 27V power connector that supports 2S to 6S LiPo FPV batteries. Just plugin and go. Pilots can easily connect the SMO 4K with your flight controller for power supply and recording. You can also connect the camera to your flight controller to start and stop recording remotely without having to stop flying.
Please notice that the SMO 4K indicator light has some differences from the user manual. The specific LED status is as follows.
When SMO 4K mistakenly detected that it is not charged with a battery, the LED status is blue;
When SMO 4K mistakenly detected that it is charged with a battery, the LED status is red.
Both conditions will not affect the performance of SMO 4K. Please refer to the table below for the correct camera LED status.
||SD card error
Power on & SD card is normal;
Battery signal detected
||Battery signal detected
1. STL files for SMO 4K camera mount holders (Click here to find the detail).
We provide 3 STL files of SMO 4K Camera mount holders for different types of FPV drones like micro whoop drones, 3-5in drones, and FPV fixed-wing. It is worth mentioning that the camera mount holder for a 3-5'' drone is the general mount holder for all action cameras like GoPro.
2. For more detailed info and instructions, kindly check the User Manual to download.
3. How to Mount the SMO 4K Camera on Beta85X V2 or Beta95X V2?
We also offer one spare camera bottom cover for the pilots who wanna add SMO 4K on the Beta85X V2/Beta95X V2 Whoop Quadcopter. Pilots can change the bottom cover and directly install it on the drones. Meanwhile, we also release the SMO 4K Adopter Cable, which can adopt the GH1.25 3Pin cable to SH1.0 4Pin cable, more convenient for power input.
4. Solution to the video mode issue after the firmware updates (Click here to find the detail).
- 1 * SMO 4K Camera
- 1 * Spare Camera Bottom Cover
- 2 * SH1.0 4-Pin Power Cable
- 1 * Transparent UV Filter
- 1 * ND16 Filter
- 1 * Screwdriver
- 2 * Spare Screws for Camera Bottom Cover
- 1 * Pack of Camera Mounting Screws and Nuts
- 1 * User Manual